Have a Electromatic Pro Jet? This page is for you…..
OLDER PRO JET GUITARS (PRE 2012):
This guitar is the most difficult mod when it comes to installing TV Jones pickups. The best candidates for this guitar are the TV Classic, TV Classic Plus, Super’Tron, and TV-HT pickup models in the NE Filter’Tron Mount. The biggest issue is the possibility of needing to route the neck cavity – it is usually too shallow to accommodate one of our pickups. The other problem is that there is nothing for the mounting screws to “bite” into. It’s not impossible, but please make sure you are willing to route your guitar before purchasing pickups for this guitar.
- Decide on your pickup model – What tone do you want?
Choose TV Classic, TV Classic Plus, Super’Tron, TV-HT
- Select NE Filter’Tron Mount – (Special Instructions – SHORT BRIDGE COVER)
- Select Color of Plating – (chrome most popular)
- Select Color of gretsch Bezel – (silver most popular)
- Select the Position – (neck or bridge)
- Pro Jet Block set – (found under SPACERS – shims, ring risers and compression)
NEWER PRO JET GUITARS (POST 2011):
The newer Pro Jet Guitars are now equipped with blacktop pickups that mount with two adjustment screws on one side and one screw on the other. If you are replacing these pickups, you need the English Mount with the Dual Screw Adjustment Adapter. The English Mount pickups will suspend from the stock ring – no modification is necessary. Click here for more information.