Have a Gretsch 5120/5122? This page is for you…..
This Guitar has created the most confusion when it comes to TV Jones pickup replacement. Any TV Jones pickup that is available in the English Mount can be installed in a 5120 or 5122. The English Mount and the NE Filter’Tron Mount look very much the same, however, there are MAJOR differences. Also, the strings sit very high on this guitar due to it’s high neck angle, therefore ring risers are necessary to get the pickups close enough to the strings for optimum tonal output. All English Mount pickups that are ordered with a EM2 Ring kit will now include ring risers.
What to order:
- Decide on your pickup model – What tone do you want?
Choose TV Classic, TV Classic Plus, Power’Tron, Power’Tron Plus, Super’Tron, Magna’Tron, TV-HT, Thunder’Tron, Thunder’Blade, Thunder’Mag, (T-90 and T-Armond in 2012)
- Select English Mount
- Select Color of Plating – (chrome most popular)
- Select EM2 Ring Kit – (ring risers and ring mounting screws included)
- Select Color of Ring – (silver most popular) (new mounting holes for ring are required-see video)
- Select the Position – Bridge or neck (please note that TV Classic Plus and Power’Tron Plus are only available in the bridge position).
*Please note that newer Electromatic Guitars with the blacktop pickups that mount with two screws NEED the Dual Screw Mount Adapter for proper adjustment. Click here for more information.